Reports to: Senior Vice-President of Sales, Central Region
Summary: American Marketing & Publishing is a national leader in providing marketing solutions that help family-owned businesses show up visibly, credibly, and attractively online when customers in their community start to search. With a proprietary platform for managing business listings, photos, posts, reviews, and website content across the major search sites and social platforms, AMP powers the effective online marketing of tens of thousands of local business with full-service, best-in-class marketing solutions at the lowest rates in the marketing industry.
We seek a talented, passionate manager – a sales person at heart who wants to begin or advance a career in sales leadership to help us develop a new geographic market within our growing 15-state footprint. The leader in this highly influential and financially rewarding role is responsible for building a team of salaried field sales representatives who visit with, present to, and sell to small business owners. The District Sales Manager is responsible for providing structured training, coaching, and mentorship to this team and for establishing a positive, high-energy sales culture centered on learning, growth, and achievement.
- Develop mastery of the AMP sale by learning and following established AMP best practices to personally identify leads and demonstrate new sales through cold-calling and other established sales methods. Becoming a true subject matter expert is essential to leading the team from the ‘front lines’ by making sales personally, and alongside managed reps as their trainer.
- Consistently conduct job shadowing days to evaluate prospective new team members as a final step in the interviewing and candidate onboarding process.
- Train and develop a team of up to 15 field sales representatives to acquire new accounts and achieve district objectives by (a) providing consistent direction, coaching, and feedback on the technique, sales activity, and achieved outcomes of sales reps; (b) consistently demonstrating the work successfully during one-on-one field training days; (c) maintaining minimum standards of individual team member performance via close KPI management and forthright leadership; and (d) providing recognition, appreciation, and further motivation to top-performing team members.
- Close collaboration and strong communication with corporate managers in Recruiting, Human Resources, Training, and Operations to equitably administer all company policies.
- Foster and support a fun, positive, hard-working team culture, leading by example.
- Proven team building and revenue-growing management experience and a track record as a consistent top new business acquisition sales leader, either in business-to-business, retail, or business-to-consumer sales.
- Enthusiasm for personally making sales, and the ability to mentor sales reps by working alongside them successfully.
- Exceptional presentation and closing skills.
- Hardworking, respectful, and dependable.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Strong written and verbal leadership communication skills; Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively; Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent