WHO WE ARE:
American Marketing & Publishing, LLC has provided trusted and effective local advertising solutions to family-owned businesses for 25 years. Today we are one of the fastest growing fully integrated digital advertising companies in the U.S. We’re looking for a talented and hardworking IT Manager, eager to learn and tackle new challenges, in a growing, dynamic and innovative environment.
We’ve been helping family owned businesses advertise intelligently and inexpensively in their communities since 1997. Our mission is to ensure our clients win the call when consumers have a need and begin to search, and we’ve become the trusted, go-to partner to our longstanding advertising clients when it comes to their online visibility and marketing needs.
We help tens of thousands of businesses manage their online business listings, company profiles, imagery, website, social postings, and reviews. We own the CloseBy® Text Marketing Platform and we are the largest Google Street View Trusted agency in North America. In sum, we provide the best people in the community – hard working small business owners – with the best local advertising solutions in the industry.
WHY JOIN US:
- Fun, team based collaborative culture
- Career training and development programs
- Growing team with leadership opportunities
- Competitive wages with opportunity for early career growth
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance – Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental Insurance – Delta Dental
- Vision insurance – VSP
- 401(k) – Fidelity
- Referral Program
- After first 3 months opportunity for remote or hybrid work arrangement
YOUR TYPICAL DAY:
Development Team Managerial Responsibilities:
- Build, manage and develop a highly performing Software Development team.
- Ability to jump in and personally code or complete development projects as well as give feedback to developers on coding best practices
- Drive collaboration between developers and facilitate code review and training opportunities.
- Develop and manage staff to IT Performance metrics, analyzing trends and recommending changes that improve day to day efficiency and business user satisfaction
- Assist team members with resolving business problems and resource issues
- Define individual performance objectives and development plans to ensure alignment with department and company objectives.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on both Team level and individual contributor performance.
- Conduct weekly or bi-weekly individual status meetings with direct reports.
- Conduct performance reviews in accordance with established schedules.
- Interview, hire and develop onboarding plans for new staff, as required, to support business growth.
- Drive collaborative feedback and conflict resolution within and across teams
- Provide feedback to Director of Project Management and CIO to identify places the IT department and software development team in particular, can better align Company opportunities with the Company vision.
- Collaborate with Director of Project Management to develop, implement and update an operational plan for how to evolve Company’s skills, tools and processes to meet client need for speed and excellence.
Project Assignment and Management Responsibilities:
- Lead the development, communication and implementation of effective IT software development processes.
- Manage, plan, schedule and direct the activities of the Team with input from the Director of Project Management
- Collaborate with Director of Project Management to assign project resources and ensure that the Team has appropriate specifications, direction, and tools to achieve their goal(s).
- Work with the Director of Project Management and senior IT leaders to allocate development resources appropriately across various projects, juggling current business needs with longer-term product roadmap needs which includes weighing, balancing, and communicating the tradeoffs as necessary.
- Develop new processes and procedures, and enhance existing ones with the goal of increasing team effectiveness
- Adhere to Agile project and resource allocation plans / schedules alongside the Project Management Team
- Work with Director of Project Management to ensure successful, on-time releases; assist the team in accomplishing all tasks; demonstrate ownership and accountability for the entire product delivery process.
- Manage the development team members to produce appropriate project timeline estimates.
- Ensure code review and internal testing of developments adheres to project scope as defined by the project management team and agreed to by business users.
- Ensure final product deliverable meets expectations of quality, budget, and timeline
- Drive and manage the successful deployment of software releases
- Track and report team analytics overall projects and provide regular status summaries
- Monitor and prioritize projects that are being developed within the team
- Ensure proper communication on development deliverables is consistently delivered company wide.
- All other duties assigned
- Personnel Management
- ASP.Net MVC 4+ development
- Working knowledge of SQL
- API integration with third party services
- Knowledge of LAMP (Linux /Apache / MySQL / PHP) framework is desirable.
- 5-10 years of related work experience, or equivalent job-related academic work
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 years
- 5 years
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person