Since being founded in 1997, American Marketing & Publishing has helped small, family-owned businesses get connected to their customers and vital prospects at the most important time of influence. Our business is growing exponentially. We help thousands of businesses manage their online listings, content, and reviews with OPTIMA™ Online Visibility and Reputation Management Services. We partner with businesses to help them win more customers on the major search engines such as Google, Bing, Yelp, YP, and Apple Maps.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will develop and maintain the custom business applications used by 350+ team members here and by the nearly 50,000 family-owned businesses who are our clients. Our Senior Software Engineer build new products from the initiation phase onward, and they take complex and challenging existing systems and quickly develop expertise in maintaining and enhancing them.
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years or equivalent proven experience of software design and development experience in modern PHP development.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PHP and one additional programming language (Python, Ruby).
- Strong knowledge of MySQL.
- Working knowledge of PHP frameworks such as:Symfony, Yii or Laravel frameworks.
- Knowledge of and experience in RESTful web services.
- Strong knowledge of Apache and Linux/CentOS configuration and command line usage.
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting and performance optimizations experience.
- Experience with Test Driven Development in PHP.
- Experience with Enterprise Software (CRM, ERP…)development/maintenance.
What we offer:
- Fun culture that cohesively collaborates on work
- Hands on job training
- We are proud to say we are a 100% home grown leadership team
- Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Competitive wages with paid time off, paid holidays and an extensive benefits package