Everything we do at American Marketing & Publishing has one goal: Create, sell, and support effective local advertising solutions so our customers win more business. Our strong growth with our digital advertising products over the past two years has necessitated the continued enhancement of our development team. We are looking for a hardworking and experienced Senior .Net Developer, eager to learn and tackle new challenges in a growing, dynamic, and innovative environment.
Position Summary: As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a key role on a small development team in the design, coding, testing, integration, and continual enhancement of our custom software applications, which are used daily by our 350 AMP team members at AMP and by the 50,000 family-owned businesses who are our clients.
Our Senior Software Developers manage the seamless integration of third-party solutions into our existing systems and quickly develop expertise in maintaining and enhancing those third party solutions. They build new products or improve existing products, systems, and platforms, sometimes from the initiation phase onward. We’re looking for a quality-conscious, results oriented, and timeline-driven team member with a record of high reliability in delivering solutions is a perfect fit to this role.
Software Engineer Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop new feature enhancements and product extensions that add value to existing advertising products, and integrate new developments, whether enhancements, functionality improvements, or entirely new products, seamlessly into existing processes and systems to ensure that AMP remains at the cutting edge of advertising and marketing offerings;
- Modify and improve product fulfillment engines to support workflow associated with new, changing, or existing product lines;
- Work closely with teammates and third party development firms to ensure projects remain on anticipated timeline for completion and “go to market”.
- Work closely with user groups to assess technical issues, manage the UAT process, and determine root cause, to deliver technology solutions which drive improved function, efficiency and accuracy.
- Participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle, including: product conceptualization, software development, UAT, deployment and post-deployment bug fix and ongoing support;
- Strong Source Control experience in GIT
- 4+ years development experience with the ASP.Net MVC 4+ and the ADO.Net Entity Frameworks
- 6+ years development experience with the Microsoft .NET platform, including C#, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, Web Services, Windows Services, and Web Applications
- Strong SQL programming experience with SQL Server 2008/2012/2016. Must have experience regarding stored procedures, data schema, and SQL optimization.
- Working knowledge of SSRS (Microsoft SQL Reporting Services)
- Strong Source Control experience in GIT and Jenkins.
- Experience with Enterprise Software (CRM, ERP…) development/maintenance
- Working knowledge of PHP frameworks (Symfony, Yii or Laravel);
- Database administration functions such as database startups/shutdowns, SQL job management, advanced indexing and normalization strategies.
- Working knowledge of MySQL
- API integration with third party services
- LAMP (Linux / Apache / MySQL / PHP) framework
- MS Dynamics Great Plains
- Sugar CRM
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Information Systems.
- Minimum 6+ years related work experience with application solutions in the .Net space as an application developer.