Everything we do at American Marketing & Publishing has one goal: Create, sell, and support effective local advertising solutions so our customers win more business. Our aggressive growth with our digital advertising products over the past two years has necessitated the continued enhancement of our development team. We are looking for a hardworking and experienced Senior PHP Developer, eager to learn and tackle new challenges in a growing, dynamic, and innovative environment.
Job Summary: As a Senior Software Developer, you will develop, integrate, and maintain the custom business applications used by 350+ team members here and by the nearly 50,000 family-owned businesses who are our clients. Our Senior Software Developers build or improve products, systems, and platforms, sometimes from the initiation phase onward. They manage the seamless integration of third-party solutions into our existing systems and quickly develop expertise in maintaining and enhancing those third party solutions. We’re looking for a quality-conscious, results oriented, and timeline-driven team member who we can rely on to deliver quality products with us to both our co-workers and our customers.
Principle Qualifications include
- 6+ years or equivalent proven experience of software design and development in PHP.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PHP and one additional programming language (Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of MySQL.
- Strong working knowledge of PHP frameworks such as Symfony, Yii or Laravel.
- Knowledge of and experience in RESTful web services.
- Strong knowledge of Apache and Linux/CentOS configuration and command line usage.
- Experience developing for WordPress
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting and performance optimizations experience.
- Experience with Test Driven Development in PHP.
- Experience with Enterprise Software (CRM, ERP…) development/maintenance.
- Strong Source Control experience in GIT.
Additional Experience in the following areas is considered a plus:
- SSRS (Microsoft SQL Reporting Services)
- SQL programming experience with SQL Server 2008/2012/2016.
- API integration with third party services
- Sugar CRM
- 3rd party SMS communication protocols.
- WordPress Development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently as part of a team environment working onsite very occasionally and remotely regularly
- Must be able to develop technology solutions based on functional specifications
- Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work to achieve deadlines and able to put in extra efforts when necessary
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Information Systems.
- Preferred minimum (4) years’ experience in a software development role.