Since being founded in 1997, American Marketing & Publishing has helped small, family-owned businesses get connected to their customers and vital prospects at the most important time of influence. Our business is growing exponentially. We help thousands of businesses manage their online listings, content, and reviews with OPTIMA™ Online Visibility and Reputation Management Services. We partner with businesses to help them win more customers on the major search engines such as Google, Bing, Yelp, YP, and Apple Maps.
What you’ll do:
As Support Engineer 1 you will support and provide customer service on company supported computer applications and platforms used by 350 team members in the organization. Our Support Engineer 1’s troubleshoot problems and advise on an appropriate action. We’re looking for a quality conscious and results oriented team member who we can rely on to provide value added assistance to all team members.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on requests to completion.
- Possess good problem solving skills and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent follow-up skills and documentation skills.
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with applications problems. Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution for problems in the AMP Support Ticketing system.
- Act as a liaison between users and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain communications with users during the problem resolution process.
- Ability to complete weekly tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products across multiple versions (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience and proven skills with Structured Query Language (SQL). Capable of understanding basic database normalization and the ability to write/use SQL to perform miscellaneous ‘investigation/corrections’.
- Experience with application and device management (software installation: Adobe products, Microsoft Office, Network Printers, and Scanners) and Microsoft SQL Reporting Services is considered a plus.
- B.A. or B.S. in Business and Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2+ years related work experience with Information Technology as Help Desk resource focusing on customer service.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time with consistent use of computer equipment, any and all other duties as assigned.
What we offer:
- Fun culture that cohesively collaborates on work
- Hands on job training
- We are proud to say we are a 100% home grown leadership team
- Fun office culture with hours Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Competitive wages with paid time off, paid holidays and an extensive benefits package