Job Title: Marketing District Sales Leader
Position Overview: We seek a talented, passionate leader – a sales person at heart who wants to begin or advance a career in sales leadership. This highly influential and inspirational leadership role is responsible for supervising and building a rapidly growing team of high-energy, elite sales representatives while maintaining the Company’s standards for sale performance with regard to both individual sales productivity and territory construction.
Company Overview: American Marketing & Publishing (AMP) helps 50,000 independent business owners advertise intelligently to their local community and compete with large national rivals and chain stores. Known in IL, IN, IA, KY, MI, MN, NE, TN, FL, AZ and WI, as one of the nation’s largest publisher of community specific directories, we also own substantial local marketing technology assets, including the OPTIMA™ Platform (an online presence and reputation management platform for small businesses) and CloseBy® Text Marketing (one of the largest text marketing platforms in the US). In addition, we are the largest Google Street View Trusted Agencies in the Upper Midwest. Our mission is to provide practical, effective, and inexpensive local advertising solutions to hardworking small business owners so their businesses grow and thrive.
- Identify talent and strategically grow the team from new hire candidates selected and screened by hiring managers.
- Positively train, motivate and manage up to 15 new and veteran sales representatives using proven company methodology.
- Consistently achieve territory sales targets, product growth, customer retention and new customer acquisition objectives.
- Expand the rapidly growing digital sales footprint of the market.
- Proactively manage publication deadlines for 20-30 print directories per year.
- Identify trends in the field and manage rapidly shifting priorities.
- Equitably administer all Company policies in accordance with our Corporate Standards.
- The position requires the employee to drive up to 2 hours from their home to the assigned geographic territory. In special circumstances, the employee may be asked to make a further drive for a defined period of time.
- The employee will be required to drive throughout established sales hours to meet with sales representatives. Sales hours are typically from 8:00am until 5:30pm, Monday through Friday, although certain days of the week require longer hours. Intermittent driving, depending on the proximity of the customer base in the area, will take place during these hours.
- Capacity required to train sales representatives in the field via rapid in-person cold calling on 30 or more business locations up to 4 days per week.
- Frequent exiting of personal vehicle and making frequent stops, is required when meeting sales representatives in their assigned geographic territory.
- Walking and standing for prolonged periods of time and climbing up and down occasional flights of stairs, sometimes in inclement weather, carrying approximately 5 lbs of sales materials, are required.
- Ability to open and close doors to the entrances of targeted businesses in assigned geographic territories is required to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Proven track record in field sales.
- Strong intrapersonal skills.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting.
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable.
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Strong written and verbal leadership communication skills; Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively; Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent